Saturday, March 21, 2015

Economy block progress

 
Hi all!
 
Today I'm sharing my economy block progress. Some of my fabric came from my local quilt shop and some from Joann's.
 
 

 
For the pattern I used crazy mom's tutorial for the economy block. www.crazymomquilts.blogspot.com

 
Some of my points are not perfect, but hey that's what makes it homemade right?
I did seam rip a few, but others I did not.

 
These blocks sure do come together quickly. When I first used this pattern I thought the blocks would take me forever to put together, so I put the project off for a long time. Then once I actually sat down to work on them they were easy!
Check out this post http://dressesandspurs.blogspot.com/2015/01/about-me.html and you can see the first economy block quilt I made for my hubs. He got it for Christmas 2014.
 
I was a last minute gal on that project and I was hand sewing the binding on to it Christmas Eve. He had to work so the quilt was still kept a surprise.
 
Once I get this quilt top put together I'll be sure to post a picture, but for now it sits in my works in progress pile!  :) With many others :)
 
Happy sewing!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment and reading my blog! I love hearing your many comments. :)