About me.......

 
Hi! And welcome to my Blog. I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.
I'm a crafty mom who is surrounded by dresses and spurs (well at the moment anyways!), and I am always looking for the next project to create (even while I'm currently working on one or two or ten!).
 
I enjoy sewing, quilting, card making, and crafting, but my current passion is quilt making. So today I wanted to show off some of the quilts I've made over the last year.  I started quilting in January or February of 2013 and have loved it ever since. I can't get enough of it to be honest!
I enjoy the entire process of quilt making from the fabric selection to the hand sewing of the binding!
Okay here goes onto the pictures of the quilts....... 
 
 
This was one of the first quilts I made. It was made for my son who loves all things cowboy (reason behind the spurs) and he loves his quilt which he calls his 'john deere' quilt.
I made this quilt using half square triangles and followed the pattern from aquiltisnice.BlogSpot.com.
I added borders to make it bigger and this quilt measures 60 by 90 inches.
I quilted this myself-following the zig zag of the half square triangles.

This is our family Halloween quilt. I made this quilt using a pattern from a book checked out from my local library. The blocks for this quilt are made using a stack and whack method.
This quilt measures 50 by 60 inches.
This quilt is quilted in an all over stipple by my local quilter.


This is our family 'bright' quilt as I call it. I made it using a pattern from a book checked out from my local library. It is made using half square triangles. This quilt is an awesomely huge quilt the entire family can snuggle under!
It measures 70 by 90 inches.
This quilt is quilted in a stipple by my local quilter.

This snowman quilt is a winter/Christmas quilt I whipped together. It measures 36 by 62 inches, so a small quilt for the kiddos to enjoy! 
I quilted this using straight line quilting and following the seams.

I made this quilt for my little gal. It was made using the brick pattern from crazymomquilt.blogspot.com. I added one more row than the pattern calls for.  It's an easy pattern to put together because no 'row' seams need to be matched (that's why they call it a brick pattern-the rows or bricks are off set).
This quilt measures at 47 by 70 inches.
I had it quilted in an all over flower pattern by my local quilter.

I made this quilt for my hubs. It was made using the economy block pattern from crazymomquilts.BlogSpot.com.
I was surprised at how quickly this quilt came together, and better yet my hubs LOVES it.
It measures 74 by 94 inches.
I had it quilted in a meander by my local quilter.
 
I hope you've enjoyed looking at these quilts and getting to know more about me. Keep checking back to see what other quilts or crafts Dresses and Spurs will bring you!
 
 

Comments