DIY Quilt Shelf


HI! Today I have a diy quilt shelf to share with you. First up is my inspiration photo I found on pinterest somewhrere. 
I looked at the picture and then I came up with the building plans on my own. 

Before you read the rest....I had a thought. If you don't have tool and can't build a shelf like this, you can find quilt shelves online to buy that are made and ready to hang up. Also, there are so many ways to display quilts in your home. This is the idea I liked best because I really like the hanging rod for displaying mini quilts in my home. 
Above is the inspiration picture I found on pinterest somewhere and I used it to design and build my own quilt shelf. 

I know this isn't super step by step, but these are the pictures I have and thought something is better than nothing when it comes to sharing how I built this shelf. 

I used 1x6 boards for the two main piece, cut to the lenght I wanted. 

I used scrap 1x6 boards adn drew a design on each and then with my jig saw I cut out the design that is shown when looking at the above side view of the shelf. 

I gave everyting a good sanding, then I glued everything together and used clamps while the glue was drying. And secured it all together with screws. 

Here it is, ready for stain. 
And another view. 

After this I stained and put a clear coat of poly on my shelf and hung it up. 

I hope this was somewhat helpful. I know measurements aren't given and I could have taken more progress pictures, but I'm hoping this motivates you to hang your quilts up and maybe build something. 

Have a good day!!

Comments