DIY Farmhouse Tv Stand


Hi guys!

Eeeekkkk! I am so so excited to share this build with  you!

I found two ideas on pinterest and combined them to make this. 
I started with 2x4s, 2- 1x16s, and a pre-made 3/4 inch board 5 feet by 20 inches deep(used for the top) all purchased from Lowes. 


Here is the frame coming together.  I used my kreg jig to secure this frame.  


Here is a close up. 

The two middle sections will be shelves and will hold 1x16 boards. The braces are about 2x2 inches (2x4s that were ripped using the table saw). 

The 'x's were made using 2x4s that were ripped down on the table saw to about 2x2 inches.  And secured with kreg jig screws. 

The 1x16 shelves were secured using Brad nails. 

This is the pre-made board I bought from Lowes. 

I stained it using dark walnut by Minwax. And then did one top coat using a satin polyurethane by Minwax.  

Here it is sitting next to the one we currently have.  I wanted a taller, bigger space for our tv to sit on, and this tv stand turned out perfectly! 


I LOVE,  LOVE,  LOVE how this turned out! 

I painted the base white using chalk paint by DecoArt in the color Everlasting. I ended up using one and a half containers of this chalk paint to give the base 2 coats of paint.  

Below are two ideas I used as inspiration when building this tv stand. Images from Pinterest. We came up with our own plans and measurements for the tv stand we built.  
Image from Pinterest 

Image from Pinterest 

I am just loving this tv stand so much! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy crafting! 



Comments