Freezer meal making

Hi!
 
If you follow me on instagram (@dressesandspurs) you'll know that I did a bunch of freezer meal cooking to fill my freezer.
 
Today I want to share what meals I made and the recipes with YOU!
 
Do you like the missing muffin? My little one just had to try one! :)
 
I ended up making 6 casseroles, 4 crock pot meals, 1 batch of pancakes, 24 muffins, and 1 pan of mini muffins. All of which I put into my deep freezer to prepare for baby. Most of these recipes were new to me, but sounded yummy, so I made them.
 
What I did to prepare for freezer meal making:
1. I made a list of all the recipes I wanted to make.
 
2. Next I listed all the ingredients needed for each meal and the exact measurements.
 
3. I took the above lists with me to the grocery store and bought all my items PLUS gallon freezer bags, tin foil, and foil casserole pans (and I got extras too).
 
4. After I got home from the store I put everything away.
 
5. I scheduled a day I wanted to make my freezer meals (it ended up being 3 days after shopping), and prepared all of my meals. I was really surprised that I was able to make everything in 3 hours. I wasn't trying to rush, it just turned out that way.
 
I'm happy to say my freezer is a little fuller, and I'm happy about that!
 
Here's what I made:
 
Casseroles:
 
Tater tot casserole (I made 2):
1 pound ground beef browned & fat drained
1 can of corn drained
1 can of cream of chicken

Mix all 3 ingredient together & put in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish or foil pan for the freezer.
Top with one bag of frozen tater tots and shredded cheese.

To cook from frozen: Thaw in fridge over night and bake at 425 degrees for 25 to 30 mins, with the foil removed. (it might take longer depending on if it is completely thawed, oven, etc.)
 
Beef enchiladas:
1 pound of ground beef browned & fat drained (I like to add dried onions to my beef while cooking)
1 large can of enchilada sauce (I use the mild red sauce)
1 package of corn tortillas
shredded cheese for the top

Brown the beef, add a 1/4 of the can of sauce to the beef and mix together. Pour a bit of sauce into a 9x13 baking dish or foil pan to cover the bottom of the pan.

Place 5 to 6 corn tortillas between 2 damp paper towels on a plate and microwave for 40 seconds. This makes rolling them easier and prevents breaking of the tortillas. And if your tortillas are breaking, try cooking them longer or wetting the paper towels more. However, too much water on the paper towels will make your tortillas soggy.

Then spoon beef mixture into corn tortillas and roll up and place seam side into your baking dish. Continue to do this until all your beef mixture is used up. Then top the enchiladas with the remaining sauce. Add shredded cheese.

To cook from frozen: Thaw in fridge over night and bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins. with the foil on. Remove the foil after 30 mins. and broil if desired to brown cheese a bit. (it might take longer depending on if it is completely thawed, oven, etc.)
 
Chicken parmesan casserole:
I used this recipe from Thriving Home that I found on pinterest.
 
Meat ravioli with red & white sauce:
1 bag of frozen meat raviolis
1 jar of red pasta sauce (your favorite kind)
1 jar of cheese sauce (your favorite kind)
2 cups of mozzarella cheese

Start by pouring some red sauce on the bottom of your foil pan & then cheese sauce, then layer half of the raviolis on top of that,
next layer more red sauce on (enough to cover the pasta), then layer the same amount of cheese sauce on top of that.
Repeat with ravioli, red sauce, and cheese sauce.
Top with 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.

To cook from frozen: Thaw in the fridge over night and bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins. with the foil on. Remove the foil after 30 mins. and broil if desired to brown cheese a bit. (it might take longer depending on if it is completely thawed, oven, etc.)
 
Cheese tortellini with red & white sauce:
 1 bag of frozen cheese tortellini
1 jar of red pasta sauce (your favorite kind)
1 jar of cheese sauce (your favorite kind)
2 cups of mozzarella cheese

Start by pouring some red sauce on the bottom of your foil pan & then cheese sauce, then layer half of the tortellini on top of that,
next layer more red sauce on (enough to cover the pasta), then layer the same amount of cheese sauce on top of that.
Repeat with tortellini, red sauce, and cheese sauce.
Top with 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.

To cook from frozen: Thaw in the fridge over night and bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins. with the foil on. Remove the foil after 30 mins. and broil if desired to brown cheese a bit. (it might take longer depending on if it is completely thawed, oven, etc.)
 
Crock pot meals:
 
Cilantro lime chicken tacos:
I used this recipe from Belle of the Kitchen that I found on pinterest.
I just put everything into a gallon freezer bag. When I go to cook this meal I will thaw in the fridge over night and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours in my crock pot.
 
Chicken fajitas:
I used this recipe from Making our Marx that I found on pinterest.
I just put everything into a gallon freezer bag. When I go to cook this meal I will thaw in the fridge over night and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours in my crock pot.
 
Corn & potato soup:
I used this recipe from Damn Delicious that I found on pinterest.
I just put everything into a gallon freezer bag. When I go to cook this meal I will thaw in the fridge over night and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours in my crock pot. Then lastly stir in butter and heavy cream.
 
BBQ boneless pork ribs:
I used this recipe from Happy Money Saver that I found on pinterest.
I just put everything into a gallon freezer bag. When I go to cook this meal I will thaw in the fridge over night and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours in my crock pot.
 
Breakfast meals:
Pancakes: I made 1 batch of pancakes and flash froze them on a cookie sheet for 30 mins. in my freezer (to prevent them from sticking to one another in the gallon freezer bag), and then I put them in a 1 gallon freezer bag.
 
Blueberry muffins: I used Jiffy muffin mix and cooked them according to the package. One box makes 6 muffins, so I had to use 2 boxes per dozen of muffins. I frozen the muffins 12 per 1 gallon bag.
 
I prepared all these freezer meals by myself and it only took me 3 hours. I am pretty happy with the results and happy I was able to fill my freezer. :)

Have a great day all!
 
 
 

Comments