My Monday Ramblings #3

Hi guys!
It's been a while hasn't it?! Well I'm here to share with you some of my family's past dinner menus. As you may have already read, my family is doing a NEW grocery budget for 2017. We're spending $80 a week on groceries and $80 a month at Costco. So far it's working out GREAT!
 
On to the dinner menus....
 
Week 7
Monday- Ham and potato casserole
Tuesday- Dinner out
Wednesday- Beef tacos
Thursday- Leftovers
Friday- Raviolis with veggies
Saturday- Chicken with green salad
Sunday- Bacon ranch chicken with veggies
 
Week 8
Monday- Hamburgers with salad
Tuesday- Roast with baked potatoes
Wednesday- Leftovers
Thursday- Pizza
Friday- Indian tacos
Saturday- Teriyaki bowls
Sunday-Raviolis with veggies
 
Week 9
Monday- BBQ chicken pizza
Tuesday- Leftovers
Wednesday- Breakfast
Thursday- Soft tacos
Friday- Chicken taquitos with rice
Saturday- Meatballs, rice, and veggies
Sunday-Roast and potatoes
 
Week 10
Monday- Leftovers
Tuesday- Pizza
Wednesday- Taco salads
Thursday- Roast, potatoes, and veggies
Friday- Breakfast
Saturday- Hamburgers and baked beans
Sunday-Leftovers
 
Week 11 (this week)
Monday- Pizza
Tuesday- Hamburgers and green salad
Wednesday- Grilled chicken salad
Thursday- Indian tacos
Friday- Chicken green salad burritos with guac and chips
Saturday- Leftovers
Sunday-Breakfast
 
A little bit about my meal planning...I usually check my freezer and cupboards to see what I have to make meals with, and then I write out my dinner menu and grocery list. This has been working GREAT for me and my family! Plus I usually end up with groceries for one or two extra meals each week. This happens because we change the menu, or we eat out, or family comes to town and plans change. Which is OKAY! It all works out and we eat yummy food along the way!
 
Some other things I've thought I should share with you all are some money saving tips that are out there.
 
I feel like everywhere I look I am finding deals, which is AMAZING!!
Just the other day we went to Article Circle and my kiddos got  FREE kiddy ice cream cones. BONUS, right?! I sure was one happy momma!
 
My family loves going to the library to check out books and movies. This is something we all find fun to do, and every time we go we think we should do it more often! The library really is a great FREE resource PLUS you can call and reserve books too. I LOVE that it's FREE, and I don't have to have more things filling up my home. So free and less clutter is a win-win in my book!
 
More ramblings.....
 
Do you ever feel like you should document your family events more? Maybe you scrapbook (I do and I LOVE IT!) or maybe you don't (but if you do you should check out my Close to my Heart website www.ericahaskin.ctmh.com and email me with questions).
 
As a Mom I know time goes fast and our to-do list can be miles long! Since the first of the year I've been writing down my family events/happenings in my daily planner, and I LOVE IT!  I feel like I keep saying that, but really I LOVE documenting what is happening in my family's life on the daily. This forces me to write down what's going on in my family life and use my planner at the same time!
 
And I'm tossing the idea around of putting all the monthly events together at the end of the year in our family scrapbook. :) The planner I use is by Close to my Heart.
 
Have great week and thanks for checking out my blog!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Comments