DIY Planked Headboard

Hi all! 
Today I'm sharing with you some planked headboards I made.

To make these I used 1x4 boards from Lowes as the planks and 2x4 boards as the supports on the back side. 

I white washed this one and to do so I just took some white craft paint I had on hand and added LOTS of water to it to water the paint down. Once the paint was dry I added one clear coat of polyurethane.

For this headboard I stained it with dark walnut stain by Miniwax and let that dry. Once that was dry I mixed some grey craft paint and water together and brushed it on. After that was dry I brushed on one coat of clear polyurethane. The look I was going for was a weathered barn look. I think it worked!!

And here are the two headboards together. I like that they match, but aren't too matchy, matchy.
 
Happy crafting!!!

Comments