Halloween Bokeh Card

Hi all!
Today I'm sharing with you a new technique I learned at a recent Close to my Heart party and craft night.
This technique is called bokeh.

This stamp set is one I have on hand and no company name is listed (sorry).
The card stock, versa mark ink pad, and black embossing powder is from JoAnns.
The white ink pad, orange ink pad, and sponge dauber are from Close to my Heart.


I started out with a white card base, then used a sponge to apply orange ink all over the card front.

Next I took a piece of paper that had a small hole punched in it (to create the white circle on the card front) and used my sponge dauber to apply white ink in the circle area on top of the orange card front.

I held the circle punched paper on top of the orange card front and applied white ink with the sponge dauber. Then I allowed the card front to dry over night (you can also dry with a heat tool).
I hope this technique makes sense. There are several methods, tutorials, and ideas found on Pinterest.

Lastly I stamped the web and spider in versa mark ink, applied black embossing powder and heat embossed with my heat tool.
To finish the card off I took a black marker to draw dots from the web to the spider.

This card was made for my kids teacher and she loved it!
It's been fun creating Halloween cards!

Happy crafting!

Comments