My 'little' sewing space

Hi All!
Today I am sharing with you my 'little' sewing space. This is a little place that I can call my own, and I can actually leave my machine out all T-H-E time!!!

Above is a desk that was given to me and partially pink and black.  
Here is the desk after I painted it all black.  It looks much better one color don't ya think?!

This is the space where I create and what it usually looks like when sewing. I use my tablet to watch tutorials,  look up patterns,  listen to music, or watch shows while I sew.  

Here is a little plastic Tupperware box that I store all my scissors and rotary cutter in. 

Oh and a tape measure handy.  I keep this box up and away from my kids.  I actually put it where they can't find it because I'd hate for them to hurt themselves with all those scissors. 

In the desk drawers.....
I keep notebooks that I sketch out quilt ideas in and a list of all my current projects.  


Another drawer full of in progress projects.  

And yet another drawer! 
This one is full of my sewing notions, extra tread, and zippers. 

Here is a picture of all the items in the above drawer. 

The last drawer! 
I kept all my scraps in here during sewing time. I empty this drawer often  into my scrap drawers. 

My small cutting mat sits on my desk and my small cutting ruler lives in my top drawer.  

On the side of my desk I store my steady Betty and rotating cutting mat. 

Here they are!

Here is one bag full of current projects.  

And this bag was signed by the FAMOUS  Jenny Doan of The Missouri Star Quilt Company.  

Here is everything all tidy on my desk. 

This closet is where I store batting,  fabric, fabric scraps, pattern books, and craft supplies.

The batting all folded up. 

Quilt tops finished. 

Fabric scrap bins.

Fabric stash. 

Pattern books and basting spray. 

I know this was a LONG post! I hope you enjoyed the tour of my little sewing space!

Happy sewing all!





Comments

  1. So excited for you to have your own space! I hope you enjoy it!
    ~Corrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erica, you are one organized Mom. I think keeping scissors and sharps in one location that can be put away or up high is an excellent idea. Little ones always come across what we don't expect. You have a bag signed by Jenny Doan? Awesome! I'm sure there's a good story behind that. Care to share?

    Thanks for sharing your space with Creative Space Tag this week. It's always fun to see where people create their masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment and reading my blog! I love hearing your many comments. :)