DIY Ikea nightstand makeover

Hi guys!!

If you follow me on Instagram then you saw I did a little bedroom refresh for fall. I decided I wanted to change my nightstands, but I didn't want to do anything permanent. 

Here is what I did....



I bought this 1 by board from Lowes and some 1x2s for trim pieces. 

I cut my main board about 1/4 inch bigger than my nightstand on all four sides. 
I added 1x2s as trim pieces to my main board and attached with my brad nailer. 

This is the under side of my faux table top. 

And this is the top. I sanded it with 220 gritt sandpaper to make sure it was nice and smooth. And then pained it using semi gloss white paint, 2 coats, and 1 coat of water based poly. 


Lastly I placed my faux table top, on my Ikea nightstand. 

I really like how the white brightens everything up! And I also like that I can change it up at anytime since this top is removable. :)


Happy crafting!

Comments