DIY Floating shelf

Hi guys!

Today I'm sharing how I made a floating shelf with you. I made this shelf using Shanty2chic's floating shelf tutorial. 

This is the exact tutorial I used on the Shanty2chic website. 



I bought all of my lumber at Lowes. Here are 2 of the 3 items I bought. The other thing I bought was a 2x4 piece of plywood that was about $7.


I cut everything to fit my measurements for the wall I wanted to put the shelf on.

I assembled my floating shelf and 2x4 bracket. 

Here is the inside of the shelf.

And the outside edge. 

I attached my 2x4 bracket to the wall using a level to make sure everything was nice and straight. 

I also screwed everything into the studs to ensure a good strong hold. 

And then I set my floating shelf onto the brackets so that they nested together. 

This is another DIY that I really LOVE! 

I stained the shelf using dark walnut stain by Minwax. 
Here it is all styled for fall.

 How cute is this shelf you guys?!?! 

I am loving this addition to my livingroom. The tutorial by shanty2chic was super easy to follow and other fun DIY. 

Happy fall! 



Comments