My Monday Ramblings #5

Hey guys!
It's been a while, so I guess it's time for more ramblings from ME!

It's back to school time again for us, how about you?

Speaking of back to school, how did your school shopping go? Ours went well. My kiddos are still young enough that it's pretty easy and quick to do. While out back to school shopping I picked up a few extra school supplies and stashed them away for Christmas. My kids can always use new crayons or a notebook to color and write in. I LOVE that this SAVES me money, PLUS I get to give my kids gifts they'll actually use!

At this time of year I also try to buy a few summer clothing and shoe items a size bigger for the following spring and summer (luckily I haven't had items not fit my kids the following year, not yet anyways! My kids grow on the slower side I guess you could say).

  This SAVES me a TON of money!

Just the other day I got some cotton shorts for my daughter for only $1 a pair!! Crazy good deal, right?!?! So I bought 5 pairs and stashed them away. I also found flip flops for 50 cents a pair, so I got 2 pairs for each kid.


I just have a tub that I throw everything in....stuff for the kids, gifts I buy early, Christmas gifts, etc. It's like my gift tub. :) And it works out well.

If I'm out shopping and see a good deal on other gifts items then I'll grab them too. Then they just go into my gift tub. I really like to think ahead so that I'm prepared, and I save money at the same time! Now I don't always buy ahead of time, but sometimes I come across a great deal that I don't want to pass up, so I don't.  This is something I've been doing for years, and I just can't give it up. It's fun for me too when I can pull out clothes and shoes for spring and summer and know that I didn't pay full price. I LOVE it!!

So something to think about...do you buy gifts and items for your kids ahead of time to save money?

Have a great Monday!



Comments