DIY wood signs (again!)

Hi guys!
 
I have been on a sign making KICK!
 
I've been making signs from all sizes of boards, 1x4s, 1x6s, 1x12s, and plywood cut to the size I want my sign to be.

Here are some signs I made from 1x4s.
 
You can look back on THIS BLOG POST to see how I make my DIY hand painted wood signs.
 
To re-cap here are the supplies I use to make signs:
Any wood (1x2s, 1x4s, 1x6s, 1x12s, plywood) new or scraps
white craft paint for the base of the board
black craft paint for the saying
foam paint brush to paint the base of the board
small paint brush to paint the saying
small folded piece of tin foil to squeeze my paint on to for painting (I find I have foil on hand more than I have paper plates on hand)
dark walnut Minwax stain for the wood trim pieces
1x2s for the wood trim pieces
sand paper to give everything a good sanding before I begin
 
 
 
 
And here are some pictures of signs I've hung up in my home.



 
 
 
Happy crafting!
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments