DIY chalkboard and chalk holder

 
 
HI guys!

Check out this HUGE chalkboard I made for my kitchen! I LOVE IT!!!
 
 
I made the frame using 1x6 boards I got from Home Depot and the chalkboard piece is from Home Depot too! It measures 2 feet by 4 feet and is $10. I opted for the pre-made chalkboard because then I didn't have to paint a board, wait for it to dry, etc.
 
Buying a pre-made board was EASY!
 
I stained everything with dark walnut stain by Minwax. And did one coat of polyurethane on everything too.
 
 
 
 
 I got this chalk holder idea from Pinterest, but no instructions were given.
 
So I took the idea and made it work with scrap wood I had laying around.
 
The entire thing is made with a 1x6 board and stained with dark walnut with a coat of polyurethane.

I used a metal clamp band that I got from Lowes to hold the jar onto the board.
 
The back 1x6 which the jar is attached to is 12 inches tall, and the ledge the eraser sits on is also a 1x6 cut at 4 inches. I attached the ledge using screws (I pre-drilled the holes) from the backside.
 
 
I sure LOVE how everything looks in my kitchen, don't you?!?!
 
Now I need to finish my farmhouse table top. Check back soon to see that!
 
Happy crafting!
 
 
 
 
 

Comments