HST Modern Quilt-A Finished Quilt

Hi all! 
Today I'm sharing with you a finished quilt!  I finally finished sewing the binding onto my HST Modern quilt! 
I have to say the binding is one of my favorite things about this quilt!

This quilt is so squishy and drapes so nice! Loving it! 

So the story behind this quilt goes like this....
I went to a sewing thing a few years back and was given this stack of squares in my freebie bag. I decided to turn those squares into half square triangles which you see on the front of this quilt. 

After thinking about what to do with the half square triangles, I decided to off set them in a quilt surrounded by white fabric. 

I wanted to make a 'modern' feeling quilt.

Thus quilt 'feels' very modern to me. :)

Some might look at it and think "hmmmmm......what was she thinking? "

But check out this AWESOME back! The colors tie in with the front and ties the entire quilt together! 

I am loving my 'modern' quilt for sure! 

I decided to quilt it in a spiral and varying the distance between each spiral. It was a freeing feeling quilting this way and it was soooo much fun! 

Isn't the back amazing?! 
Okay maybe not amazing,  but awesome!  I love the colors and how it ended up being pieced together in large chunks. 

Did I mention how squishy this quilt is? Is really is and I'm thinking it had something to do with the quilt, fabric, and batting combo. 
Love this so much! 

Finished: 50x50 inches
Fabric: half square triangles fabric by Riley Blake, white front fabric from Joanns, yellow backing fabric from Joanns, green, blue backing and binding from a quilt shop. 
Quilting: Quilted by ME in a spiral. 
Pattern: put together by me, no pattern 

Happy sewing!

Comments