Watercolor Cupcake Birthday Card

Hi all!

Today I'm sharing with you a fun watercolor card.
This is such a fun, bright, happy card don't ya think?!



For this card I started by taking a piece of watercolor paper and brushing on several colors of distress ink mixed with water.

I dried that with my heat tool and then added some drops of water to the paper and let them sit for a few minutes. After a few minutes I soaked up those water drops with a clean paper towel. The results turned out awesome!! White dots all over the card front!! I love how is turned out!

Next I stamped everything in black ink and on the cupcake image I brushed on some pink distress ink. I circle punched that and put it on top of a scallop circle punched in pink dot paper.

Then I took a card base and layered on some pink dot paper, my watercolor paper, stapled on a couple pieces of pink twine from Close to my Heart, used some 3D foam to attach the cupcake to the card front, and lastly attached a little banner that says 'your day!'.

I think this little card turned out to be an AWESOME birthday card!!



Card base: Hobby Lobby (bulk pack)
Pink thick twine & Black ink pad: Close to my Heart (my CTMH rep)
Watercolor paper, pink dot card stock, distress inks, & scallop circle punch: Joanns
Stamp: I had on hand (not sure who makes it)

Happy crafting!
 

Comments