Halloween Quilt


Hi all! 
Today I'm sharing with you my Halloween quilt I finished last year. 

I decided to share it with you since last year I hadn't started blogging (I started my blog January 2015).

Well since it's October I finally got out our HALLOWEEN QUILT!

I have to say this is one of my favorite quilts and since I took it out of the closet and washed it up,  it has been used every day! 

I got the pattern for this quilt from a book I checked out from the library.

The pattern was EASY to follow. 

Here is a quick recap of how each block was made.  

I cut my blocks to 9 inches each (I was working with 1/4 yard cuts, hence the 9 inches) and after cutting all my blocks I stacked one of each print/color of block together. 

I then used my ruler and rotary cutter and cut at an angle through all the block layers. 

Then I ended up with 3 pieces/sections after making 2 cuts total per stack of blocks. 

Next keeping all blocks stacked together after cutting I took the middle top piece/section and placed it under the bottom of the stack. 

Then I took the right or 3rd piece/section and placed the top 2 pieces under the bottom of the stack. 

Doing this movement process will ensure no 2 color/prints will be next to one another. 

The next step is to sew the blocks back together and assemble into a quilt top.  I added some borders to make a nice size throw quilt.  

If you're interested in making a quilt top like this you might Google or pinterest 'stack n wack quilts' and see what you come up with. 

Happy quilt making all and Halloween too! 


Comments