DIY Farmhouse Market Sign

Hi guys!
 
Sign making is in full swing over here!
 
And I have been wanting to make a sign for my kitchen for a LONG time!!
 
 
Here are the steps I took to make a DIY MARKET sign for my kitchen.
 
I started with a 12x24 inch piece of wood that I painted white, the letters to spell 'market' that I printed on my computer, a pencil, and tape measure.

I first found the center of my board and marked it.

Next I flipped over my 'market' letters and traced the outline of each letter on the back.

Then I arranged the letters on my board to my liking.

Here is a close up of the letters. Next I held each letter down, one at a time and traced the outline of each letter.
Next I removed the letters and was left with a pencil outline of the letters. This is from the pencil outline I traced on the back of them earlier-see earlier step.
 
Once each of my letters were traced onto the front of my board I took black craft paint and a small paint brush and filled in the letters.

Here is my finished sign. I LOVE it!!!
 
I hope this little tutorial can help you to make your own sign or signs. :)
 
Happy crafting!

Comments