Boy room mini makeover

Hi!
I have a mini room makeover to share today! And it's one I did for my son, and he LOVES how it turned out!
 
Here is the BEFORE (below). It's not bad to begin with, but I wanted to add some things to wall and a shelf in the desk area.
BEFORE

BEFORE
AFTER
On the wall to the left I added a magnet board for hanging art work and school papers. I decided on a magnet board rather than a cork board because with a cork board I thought I'd find thumb tacks all over the room, which I DID NOT WANT!!
So a magnet board was the solution!

AFTER
I also added this shelf using a 1x6 board that was painted black and sanded around the edges, and then I put dark walnut stain on and wiped it off. I finished the shelf by putting one coat of polyurethane on it.
 
I got the black metal brackets from LOWES. I like this little shelf and how it allows my son to display his favorite things!
 
I added these little metal buckets I got from IKEA for only 50 cents each! What a steal!!!
 
 I was happy to find them, so that some organization could take and help this little desk not get so cluttered. So far it has helped a TON!
 
The shelf and buckets were really cheap and made this little makeover more organized for my little guy! Loving it!
And the AFTER!
 
I hand painted the 'pray big' sign and bought the metal letters at Hobby Lobby that I just attached to a 1x6 board that was stained using minwax dark walnut stain. The picture we had laying around along with the barn wood frame, so I added that to the décor collage.

I'm really liking how it all came together, and he does too! The best part ever, right???
 
Happy crafting!
 

Comments