DIY Wooden Name Board

Hi guys!
Today I have little DIY tutorial for you!
I made this little name board for a friend that is expecting a baby boy soon!
First I started by cutting the name out in vinyl on my cricut cutting machine. And put in onto my stained 1x4 board.

Next I painted over the letters with white craft paint.

After the painted dried a bit, but not fully I removed all the vinyl.

And lastly...I forgot to stain the sides of the boards. Have you ever done that, forgot to stain the sides of your boards or one side? Well I did and I came up with this awesome HACK (okay, okay I think it is awesome)!
I took my Close to my Heart ink pad in the color chocolate and inked up both ends of the board and it WORKED!

Look how great this HACK worked! I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!

Lastly I put a clear coat of polyurethane on the entire thing.
I think it turned out great! How about you?
 
Items used:
Dark walnut stain by Minimax
1x4 board cut down
White craft paint
Satin clear polyurethane by Miniwax
Chocolate ink pad by Close to my Heart
Vinyl I had on hand
My cricut cutting machine
 
Happy crafting!
 
 
 

Comments