Wood Shutters DIY

HI all.
Today I'm sharing with you some wood shutters I made.
My husband helped me as he helps mostly with all my wood crafts.  :)

I found the idea here on pinterest.

Here is a picture of the back of the shutters. On pinterest where I got the idea the gal's site said she used hook and eyes to hang the shutters. Well with hook and eyes the shutters would not lay flat on the wall or would be seen if I put them off to the side of the shutters, so my husband had the idea to wrap wire around the screws on the back and then tighten the screws back down.
(if you click on the picture you'll be able to see that the wire is attached, wrapped around the screws)


This allowed the shutters to lay flat on my wall which I'm happy with.
I didn't stain the back since I knew the back wouldn't show.

I hung the shutters in my kitchen and then layered my clock on top. I am liking the bold statement the shutters give my kitchen wall.  :)



And one more look!  :)

Happy crafting!


Comments