Pixilated Heart Quilt Top

Hi all! 
Today I'm sharing with you a finished quilt top! 
I posted about this one earlier when I had everything laid out & ready to sew, well  now the top is finished! 

I had a lot of fun making this and it went together fast because I used 3 charm packs for the main heart (MANY were left over that became the background squares ). For the background I bought yardage from Joanns.  

****Edited to add- the charm packs I used are called TABLE FOR TWO by Moda. 

It was a windy day when I was taking photos,  but I'd have to say I really like how these photos turned out!
Man I love this quilt top and I can't wait to quilt this one up!!!

So here are a few stats about this quilt top in case ya wanna make one....

I got the tutorial here from Blue Elephant Stitches. Gotta give credit where credit is DUE!!!

2 charm packs for the main heart (there will be extra you can use for the background)

Yardage for the background 

From the charm packs & yardage:

70-5 inch squares for the heart
155-5 inch squares for tge background 
225 total 5 inch squares 

So far this quilt top is 67.5 by 67.5 inches because I started with 5 inch squares and they finish at 4 1/2 inches.
15 squares across and 15 squares down, 4 1/2 times 15=67.5 inches square.   :)
A little math for you. :)

Again I got the tutorial HERE.

Thank you so much to Blue Elephant Stitches for sharing this free quilt top pattern! 
I LOVE it!!!


Happy sewing!




Comments

  1. I love the heart. Also thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, love the darker colors mixed in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love the dark too! They were part of the charm packs I used. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment and reading my blog! I love hearing your many comments. :)